Friday 13 September 2013

Moving Away

Forgetting is the ebbing away of memory. It disintegrates into particles, too small to grasp and they disperse into the atmosphere.


On a train, departing, I don't see you again.


The departure was just that - the departure of you from my life (ironically as it was me who was leaving on the train). I did catch sight of you just before the train turned round the bend but I looked away just before you disappeared.

Speeding through towns and fields and more towns, I spared you one too many thoughts and I wished you had disappeared long before. But I knew I'd eventually forget you as I continued my journey further and further away from you. Before I would know it, I would have travelled further away from you than I ever had - and I can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment