Saturday 9 July 2011

On the Verge

Receiving an overwhelming number of comments was enough to make me feel as if I was torn down the middle and stomped on. I speak of my encounter  with hurtful words with a mask on - I smile but it's all a pretend play which I have become accustom to over the years.

Words can reduce one to tears or send them of on an insanity rampage, but I swallow mine and smile - smile to show the world the words mean nothing to me although they mean the world to me (in a pessimistic sense). Essentially I'm lying not only to the world but also to myself. As time goes on, I will eventually believe that every smile reflects happiness despite knowing that it began as nothing more than a cover up of my hurt.

So right, I will smile at you always, lie to you always just because that's what everyone wants to see. No one wants a grouch...everyone wants a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment