Friday 1 July 2011

The Words You didn't say but I Heard.

Midnight.

Textbooks scattered around me - its pages opened to chapters on "The Brain and Emotions", dictating how the brain accounts for our emotions

But I was distracted - distracted by the words you were sending across to me through Instant Messaging. I read it and sat and thought about them before carefully articulating my response to you. So I decided that I would stop sugar-coating my words and give you my frank opinion.

You didn't like it. You didn't like the fact that I knew what you were trying to say without you putting it down in words. You didn't like the fact that I successfully scrutinised you. You didn't like that fact that I knew you this well. You tell me the problems and I advised you but you deflected my words off. You tried to change the subject but I keep you rooted to the topic. You hated it. You were angry. Eventually, you went offline and left me sitting there with more criticism left unsaid, sitting on the edge of my fingers.

I went back to work, flipping through the pages of "The Brain and Emotions" but my head was whirring with the words I never got to tell you. You built up a barrier and ran away the moment the barrier looked like it was going to fall. The mind built the wall but your emotions made you run.

They don't explain this in the textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment