Thursday 27 October 2011

Habit

It's 1pm.

Time for my crumpet and brussel sprouts. Time to sit down in front of the laptop and type away mindlessly about my thoughts on life. What do I think of the crumpet?

It's 1.02pm.

Time to listen to some Coldplay and imagine myself away from the four walls of my room. I'm standing at the edge of a cliff - I can fly (or so I can in my head)

It's 1.15pm.

Time for my third cup of coffee. Black, bitter and strong. I have soy milk but it's not going into my coffee (as it normally doesn't)

It's 1.17pm.

Time to sit down with my coffee and listen to Coldplay again. Black, bitter and strong.

It's 3.30pm.

Time for a walk. I throw on a jacket and walk out the door. It's raining - never mind - I can still go for a walk. Rain, shine, snow or ice. I walk through the park on the way to town. I know the route so well I hardly notice it as I walk past. I know this route all too well.....

It's 6pm.

I'm back. Drenched, cold and tired.

It's 6.05pm

Time for another cup of coffee to warm me up and wake me up. The water boils. I pour it into my cup - black, bitter and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment