Saturday 10 March 2012

A Story about Forgetting

I will think about you again in the future, years after you have not crossed my mind.

I will think about you again while I walk down a park in Surrey and think about the words you said to me and the way you comforted me when I felt the world bear down on me. It will all come back to me in an influx of memories; everything which time suppressed will reappear in an instance and I will be able to dwell with it for awhile.

But, two hours later, I will go home, to the town I now live in, and forget you completely and quite reluctantly. And there will be another time void in which my memory of you will not exist.

I will return to the park again at some point and I will remember you. However, while the void stretches on, you will have been forgotten and only when the right time comes will you exist again.

No comments:

Post a Comment