Friday 4 November 2011

Dark Scenes

The day fades into night quite unnoticably.

You forgot they turned the clocks back an hour didn't you?

I looked up into the night and realised how much the darkness had changed the scene. I could no longer see the clouds; darkness and all had enveloped the sky.

I heard a plane fly above me but I could not see it. But the ethereal sounds of its colossal engines echoed across the sky, leaving me somewhat in awe at the fact that something so hidden could produce such a thunderous roar.

It was only six o'clock but it felt like the world was already sleeping. It's the illusion the early-setting sun created - it shut the busy society indoors and lulled them to sleep but I stayed outside to look at the changing skies.

It was beautiful - but oh, so lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment