Tuesday 31 January 2012

Melodic Unhappenings

Piano concerto,
why does the melody drag me away
off the ground, above the mountains
and through the clouds? Darkness
assumes the light of the moon
and we lose ourselves in the deep
notes of the keys.

Piano concerto,
why do you take me home
to the house steeped in monsoon?
Did you intend to bring me memories
which only serve to taunt
with what is no longer there?
The girl who played under the tree
and in the tree
is now there no more and
neither the house nor its occupants
exist in this sliver of time.

So piano concerto,
are you trying to remind me
of the breaking of innocence
and to teach me about the loss of time?
If so,
why do it now
when I am sat alone
with nothing more than myself
and the memories which kill to remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment