Sunday 21 November 2010

Halted in Action

Gym and iPod. It's like nothing could stop me.

Pedaling hard as I wanted, heart pounding against my chest.

Nothing could possibly stop me

I saw a girl walk by with a towel thrown over her shoulders.She looked like she knew exactly what she wanted to do. She seemed so perfect and so controlled.

I stopped pedalling altogether

With my iPod still on, my eyes followed this perfect creature as she made her way to the weights machine. She lifted her arms to grab on to the handles and the towel falls off - she was so perfect - shoulders, wrist, arms were perfect.

I could see most of her story in her face. She did not have any emotions on her face; all she had were the prominently bulging features which followed such perfection. I envied her and watched as she lividly attempted to pull the handle down. As I expected, she was not able to but yet she tried and tried until she managed to do it.

At this point, I had abandoned all realisation that I was sitting on a pedalling machine gaping at this girl of perfection. Realities of the noisy gym and the many other people around me had died away into another subconscious and I only had eyes for her. How is she doing it? How did she manage to get into this shape?

How did I do it before?

The iPod suddenly blares loudly into my ears. It was then that reality came round. Stupid iPod. Why must you be so touch-sensitive. I looked down and saw that it had already gone through at least three songs and it was now playing a song called "Out of my Mind". Looking up I saw that the perfect girl had walked off to the cross trainer. I also saw a lot of other people looking at her as she made her way there. I knew that they in fact were not in awe at her perfection like I was. Instead, they were staring, shocked, at her unnaturally petit stature - a stature I called perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment