Monday 22 November 2010

Snow is Calling

It was freezing on the rooftop of the apartment. There was undeniable proof that we were in the midst of a very cold winter - snow layered heavily on the cement I was standing on and yet my sisters ran around screaming in excitement. You see, they have never seen snow before and were in awe at its existence.

As they formed distorted snowmen which were all slightly bent over to one side and threw hard snow balls at each other, I stood, cold and tired, trying very hard not to keel over from the cold. I look up. It was starting to snow again.

More snow.

My sisters shrieked and screamed in excitement at the sight of more snow. I could not be any less overjoyed. What a horrible thought - the thought of more snow, more snow to later melt into water only to turn into ice. I sigh as I watch my sisters take joy in what I found most depressing.

If only they knew what it was like for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment