Sunday 28 November 2010

My Words against Yours

When I first heard the word 'relativism' I was sat in a church in the midst of a bible study. It was a concept which I have lived by my entire life. There is no solution to life or death and that there was no absolute way that I should live by.

"As long as I am good and sincere in life, I can be happy"

How about God then? Where does He fall in all of this. Of course my statement above seems to deny the existence of any higher being. Those who have learnt to embrace religion in their lives see me as apathetic, an athiest who could not care less about the existence of a God.  However, I do care about the higher being. However, that higher being is not, to me, God - it's my own consciousness of morals.

[to be continued..]

No comments:

Post a Comment